North Little Rock strives to provide excellent sanitation service. For information on our different services, please watch the video below which highlights our Recycling and Leaf Pick Up Programs. Please separate your Green Waste (yard clippings, bagged leaves, branches, etc.) from all other bulky items (couches, mattresses, chairs, tables, etc.).
Household Garbage (Your regular pickup day would be Day 1)
- Household garbage
- Cardboard boxes
- Clothes in plastic bags or cardboard boxes
- Hardened, DRY paint
Yard Waste (One day after your garbage is picked up)
- Bagged leaves and grass clippings (Green Waste)
- Furniture, carpet, mattresses, and plywood
- Appliances, toilets, plastic swimming pools and other recreational items
- Refrigerators, air conditioners and freezers (with the compressor removed)
- Lawnmowers (with the engine removed)
What is Green Waste?
- Any biodegradable yard clippings, leaves (bagged or loose,) branches, stumps, sawdust, garden waste, and untreated and unpainted lumber.
- Green Waste includes grass clippings, leaves, branches, and lumber.
- Green Waste may be placed at the curb, anytime (do NOT place in the street)
- Green waste must be separated from bulk items or garbage.
- Green waste should be placed three (3) feet from bulk items or garbage.
- Non-Green Waste may only be placed by the curb one day prior to pickup
- Failure to separate the first time will result in written notification
- Second failure will result in a $50 fee, assessed on your utility bill
Items we do NOT collect:
- Dirt, masonry, paint or ammunition
- Burnt or any construction waste
- Automotive parts, rocks, concrete, oil, and gasoline
- Yard waste placed loose in garbage
Common reasons garbage is NOT picked up:
- Garbage is not put out on time
- Containers are more than 5’ from the curb
- Containers placed behind a post, pole, limbs or parked cars
- Garbage is ON and/or against a fence
- Paper, or garbage is mixed with yard waste (Yard waste must be separated from other garbage.)
- Miscellaneous items placed in boxes
- Yard waste in boxes or garbage cans
- Containers weigh more than 50 pounds or larger than 35 gallons
- Garbage is under a power line or low limb
What is Construction & Demolition Debris?
Nonhazardous, uncontaminated material resulting from construction or demolition including; bricks, concrete, rocks, insulation, plaster, drywall, glass and roofing
What are White Goods?
Appliances without Freon, such as washers, dryers, stoves, (airconditioners and refrigerators with Freon removed)
What are Bulky Items?
Anything not falling into the above category and unable to fit into a regular sized garbage receptacle, such as; couches, mattresses, and other furniture and household items.
GARBAGE AND BULK ITEMS SHOULD BE PLACED ON THE CURB THE EVENING BEFORE YOUR GARBAGE DAY, AFTER 5 PM, OR BEFORE 7 AM THE MORNING OF COLLECTION.
Tires are a special pickup. Please call 371-8345 or drop them off at Davis Rubber Company in Little Rock on East 15th St. It is illegal to dispose of used or waste tires or portions of used tires in the state unless the tires are disposed of for processing or collected for processing at a permitted waste tire processing facility.
The North Little Rock Sanitation Department is located at 1120 Sycamore Street. You should contact them at 501-371-8340 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
LEAF PICK UP PROGRAM
Please call (501) 371-8340 for status, explanation, and more information of the Leaf Pick Up Program or click here.
The North Little Rock Recycling Program is provided by Waste Management which runs curbside pickup every two weeks. Holidays will sometimes affect the normal routine of our weekly curbside pickup.
Check out this video about recycling from Waste Management. Click here. It has some great information.
For general recycling questions please call 501-340-8787. The Region Recycling District oversees the recycling programs in Pulaski County.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. Where can I recycle household electronics?
Q. Where can I recycle hazardous waste (oil, gas, antifreeze, fluorescent bulbs)?
Q. Can I throw away paint cans?
A. If the paint can is empty then we will pick it up in normal garbage. If there is wet paint inside the can, please dry it out using newspapers or kitty litter.
*The goal here is to avoid the truck from smashing a can full of paint and having it flow all over our streets.
|Garbage, Rubbish and Yard Waste||371-8340|
|Curbside Recycling/Waste Management|
Resident needing a new cart, or missed a pickup, call or email email@example.com
|Hazardous Material Center Info||371-8340|
|Seasonal Loose Leaf Program||371-8340|
Condorious Breedlove (Condo) – Director
1120 Sycamore Street, North Little Rock, Ar 72114
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (501) 371-8340
Fax: (501) 340-5450