North Little Rock’s Planning and Engineering Departments ensure that new buildings and transportation facilities meet current ADA guidelines.
City staff involves accessibility advocates, such as Partners for Inclusive Communities, in its walkability and pedestrian planning efforts.
Operating System Settings
Make your computer work for you.
You can change browser settings that affect all web pages you visit.
- Internet Explorer accessibility settings [support.microsoft.com]
- Chrome accessibility settings [www.google.com]
- Firefox accessibility settings [support.mozilla.org]
- Safari accessibility settings [www.apple.com]
Increase Font Size on Page
The following keyboard shortcuts work in most modern browsers:
- Windows Shortcuts
- Press Ctrl + on your keyboard to zoom in or increase font size.
- Press Ctrl – on your keyboard to zoom out or decrease font size.
- Press Ctrl 0 on your keyboard to go back to the default size.
- Mac Shortcuts
- Press Command + on your keyboard to zoom in or increase font size.
- Press Command – on your keyboard to zoom out or decrease font size.
- Press Command 0 on your keyboard to go back to the default size.
Screen Reader Software
The American Foundation for the Blind has a good list of screen reader software [www.afb.org].
Other Accessibility Resources
- Inclusive Playgrounds in North Little Rock city parks
- Educational Resources for working with Blind and Visually Impaired Children (EarlyChildhoodEducationDegree.org)