We seek the best and the brightest, courageous and wise individuals to join the North Little Rock Fire Department team. The Human Resources Department accepts applications for the NLRFD twice per year (January and July).
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license.
- Must be 21+ years of age and must not have reached the age of *35 by date of hire.
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have far visual acuity no less than 20/40 binocular corrected with contact lenses or spectacles, or far visual acuity no less than 20/100 binocular uncorrected by hard contacts or spectacles.
Requirements for hire:
- Must pass all tests including written; physical agility; structured panel interview; and background investigation.
Post offer for hire:
- Must pass drug screen, physical and visual examinations at City expense.
Benefit Package and Salaries
- Personal Leave
- Paid Holidays – 12 per year
- Sick Leave – Twenty (20) days (tour of duty) per year. Sixty (60) days maximum accumulation
- Health Insurance – 100% premium payment for firefighters, 75% for family
- Food Allowance – $120 per month ($1,440 per year)
- Education Incentive for Job Related Degree – Journeyman Firefighters Program, Certificate Pay for Paramedic, EMT Instructor, and HAZ-Mat Instructor.
- Shifts – 24 / 48
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 1st Year Base Salary for Beginning Firefighter is $39,367 + paid holidays and food allowance
A valid email address is required. Important communication will be sent to that address. If you do not have an email account, you may create one on the HR Department Computer.
To find a job opening:
- Go to the city website at nlr.ar.gov/jobs
To apply for a position:
- Click on the job title that interests you
- After reviewing the Job Description, click the green Apply box
- If you have already applied for a position with the City of North Little Rock, enter Username and Password
If this is the first time are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account by clicking on the Create An Account link.
For more information on testing and requirements, contact Captain Ricky Cranford at 501-340-5410 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org