September 23 @ 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
NLR Participates in National Night Out
North Little Rock, Arkansas (Tuesday, September 19, 2023)….. Tuesday, October 3, 2023 is National Night Out! This annual event is a community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to help make our neighborhoods safer and improve the quality of life. Cookouts, block parties, children’s events and ice cream socials will occur simultaneously throughout North Little Rock. Included in this release are neighborhood associations in North Little Rock that have organized and will be hosting events. The community is welcome to join a National Night Out event in their neighborhood. The following neighborhood organizations have committed to participating in North Little Rock’s National Night Out.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
- WARD 1
- Holt Neighborhood Association, Gardner Memorial UMC, Amboy UMC and the Universal Peace Foundation, 3-7pm at Gardner Memorial UMC, 1723 Schaer Street. Activities include: music, games for adults and children, food and speeches. Contact: Rev. Melvin Moss, 501-993-1985.
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 3
- Wards 1:
- WARD 1 – Park Hill Neighborhood Association, at Idlewild Park, Idlewild and Cedar Streets. For more information contact: Wendy Gregan, 501-758-7159.
- WARD 2:
- Young Community Advocates of Baring Cross, 3-5:30 pm, 1701 Pike Avenue (Dollar General parking lot). Activities include: A meet & greet beginning at 3pm. Refreshments will be served prior to cleanup, 3:30-5:30 p.m.
- Dixie Addition CDC, 5:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. at 914 North “H” Street. Activities include: food, fun & fellowship. Contact: Earnest Franklin, 501-563-5400 or Margie Evans, 501-258-8167.
- Rose City Neighborhood Association & NLR Police Athletic League, 5-7pm, Rose City Ball Park, 400 Rose Lane. Activities include: live DJ, free food and events for children and residents. Contact: Martha Capps, 501-580-1079.
- Stone Links Neighborhood Association, 5:30-7:30pm, Stone Links Club House, 110 AR 391. Activities include: health screenings, food, bounce house, games, face painting and fun. Contact: Marie Hollowell, 404-259-2957.
- WARD 3:
- Amboy Neighborhood Association, 5:30–7:30 pm at Amboy United Methodist Church Parking lot, 311 E. Military Dr. Activities food, fun and fellowship. Contact: Angelica Barnard, 501-297-8720 or Paula Lively, 501-350-7649.
- Scenic Hill Neighborhood Association, 5:00- 7:30 p.m., at corner of East Scenic and Valley View. Activities include: snacks, drinks and meet and greet. Contact: Randy Naylor, 501-350-8775.
- WARD 4:
- Cobblestone Crime Watch Group, 4-7pm, 913 Cobblestone Circle. Activities include: Burgers, hot dogs, meet and greet first responders and members of crime watch group. Contact: Suni McClelland, 501-920-5330.
- Windsor Valley Neighborhood, 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. at south end of Coleridge at Covington. Activities include: two food trucks, police & fire officials and kids craft table. Contact: Brandi Legate, 501-951-0778.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 14
- Ward 2
- Melrose Community Outreach, 3-5pm, 807 Willow St. Activities: drive through block party. Contact: Tammy Small, 501-541-3703.