North Little Rock, Arkansas (Monday, May 22, 2023)…. Good news! The portion of the Arkansas River Trail that has been closed since the EF3 tornado struck our city, is now open in Burns Park. The City’s number one priority in the phased opening of Burns Park is the citizens’ safety.
- SAFETY FIRST! Cyclists and foot traffic must STAY ON THE TRAIL!
- The area adjacent to the river trail near the soccer fields is off limits for cyclists and foot traffic.
- Security will be present near the trail to keep everyone ON THE TRAIL.
- The roads in the park are breaking apart because of the weight of the trucks which are removing the debris, making these roads unsafe for bicycle use.
- The large trucks and trailers picking up debris throughout the city are driving in the area, disposing of the debris and processing it on the parking lots in the soccer complex.
- Due to the size of the trucks, the driver’s line of vision may be blocked, making it hard to see someone on the ground. Debris from the trucks can also fall onto the roadway.
Please pass along to your fellow walkers and cyclists, STAY ON THE TRAIL to keep the trail open. Again, SAFETY IS OUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!