NLR BICYCLE FRIENDLY COMMUNITY
In Spring 2009, the League of American Bicyclists (LAB) gave the City of North Little Rock a bronze award for its efforts in making the City a Bicycle Friendly Community. LAB awards bronze, silver, gold, platinum or diamond status to communities that it designates as Bicycle Friendly. North Little Rock was the first of four cities in Arkansas to receive this award. To advance the City’s progress in this area, North Little Rock supports an active Bicycle Friendly Community Committee. This volunteer-based committee is committed to making North Little Rock a safer, more enjoyable environment for bicycle transportation and recreation.
The mission of the North Little Rock Bicycle Friendly Community Committee is to:
- Interact with the city and community to make North Little Rock safe for bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorists
- Create a network of connected on-street facilities and bicycle-friendly trails to allow safe bicycle travel anywhere in North Little Rock
- Promote and encourage bicycling for recreation and transportation
New Signage Coming Soon!
As part of a bicycle signage project, new signs will be placed at various locations throughout the city to heighten awareness of drivers and cyclists and will be incorporated into the city’s Bicycle Plan. The signs will be solar powered.
NLR BICYCLE PLANNING
- National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project (each September)
- North Little Rock Complete Streets Policy (adopted in 2009)
- North Little Rock Bike Plan (2013)
- North Little Rock Bicycle Friendly Community Evaluation Plan (2014)
- North Little Rock League of American Bicyclists’ Feedback Report (2013)
- North Little Rock Master Street Plan (2014)
- CARTS Pedestrian/Bicyclist Crash Analysis
- Arkansas State Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan
- NACTO Urban Bikeway Design Guide
- NACTO Urban Street Design Guide