The purpose of Code Enforcement is to provide minimum requirements to safeguard the public health, safety and general welfare through the regulation and enforcement of the North Little Rock Municipal Codes.
View/Download Code Enforcement General Information Flyer
FREQUENT VIOLATIONS RECEIVED AS COMPLAINTS
- Removal of uncut weeds or grass: All property owners within the city are required to cut all unsightly weeds and grass that exceed (8) eight inches in height in all residential districts; or exceeds (24) twenty-four inches in height in all commercial zone districts and all industrial zone districts on which a structure is not located.
- Inoperable or wrecked motor vehicles and any parts thereof: The accumulation of inoperable or wrecked motor vehicles in the City is degrading to the environment, property values, and the aesthetic beauty of the City. Thus, the only location where an inoperable or wrecked motor vehicle, or any parts thereof, may be parked, kept, or stored within the City is in an approved storage area on property that is properly zoned and permitted for that purpose.
Except as provided for in other regulations, no inoperative or unlicensed motor vehicle shall be parked, kept or stored on any premises, and no motor vehicle shall at any time be in a state of major disassembly, disrepair, or in the process of being stripped or dismantled.
- Housing inspections or condemnation
- A. Unsafe Residential Buildings: All residential buildings or structures used as such which are unsafe, unsanitary, unfit for human habitation, or not provided with adequate egress, or which in relation to existing use constitute a hazard to
- B. safety or health by reason of inadequate maintenance, dilapidation, obsolescence, or abandonment, are considered unsafe buildings. All such unsafe buildings are hereby declared illegal and shall be abated by repair nd rehabilitation or by demolition.
- Accumulation of rubbish or garbage: All exterior property and premises, and the interior of every structure, shall be free from any accumulation of rubbish or garbage.
- Food inspections: Arkansas Department of Health Rules all persons engaged in the activity of food service to the general public shall utilize sanitary protective devices and/or utensils so as to prohibit direct manual contact with such food.
- Signs: It is unlawful to post any signs (e.g., business opportunities) on public property (utility poles, traffic signs, etc.) or public right of way.
Chapter 8 – Nuisance Abatement and Property Maintenance (As of 10-25-21)
Chapter 9 – Parking Regulations (As of 07-12-21)
Felicia McHenry – Director
701 West 29th St.
North Little Rock, AR 72114