How to Complete an Online Application
A valid email address is required. Important communication will be sent to that address. If you do not have an email account, you may create one on the H.R. Department computer.
To find a job opening:
- Go to the City of North Little Rock web site www.nlr.ar.gov
- Under the Government tab, from the A-Z Department list select Human Resources
- Select Job Openings
To apply for a position:
- Click on the job title that interests you
- After viewing the Job Description, click the green "Apply" box
- If you have already applied for a position with the City of North Little Rock, enter Username and Password
- If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you will need to create an account by clicking on the Create An Account link.
Your user name must be unique and something that you can easily remember. It may include letters, numbers, underscore "_".
Your password must be:
- at least 8 characters long
- at least one letter
- at least one number
- at least one special character: !, @, #, $, %, ^, &, *
IMPORTANT: Write down your user name and password. The City of North Little Rock Human Resources Department cannot reset it for you.
If you need it, the NUMBER FOR PASSWORD RESET: 855-524-5627
(Leave a detailed message, and you will get a call back between 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time)
After your account has been established, you can import your resume from LinkedIn, upload it from a saved document on your computer, or manually enter your personal information. This application will be saved and used to apply for future job openings.
To manually enter your personal information, follow these instructions:
- Complete the Personal Information and Contact Information sections, then click Save, then click Next.
- Click "Add work experience" and enter your current or most recent job, and click Save.
- To add more than one job to your Work Experience, click the "Add work experience" box. You can add as many jobs as necessary. Once finished, click Next.
- For any previous Education, repeat the same process as you did for the Work Experience section. You can add as much education as necessary. Once finished, click Next.
- The Additional Information and Attachment sections are not required, but could be helpful in evaluating your application. Add any certifcates, licenses, foreign languages, etc. here. Click Save, then click Next.
- DO NOT upload your driver's license or social security card.
- Complete the Questions section.
- Questions about Gender and Ethnicity are voluntary, and any information is kept separate from your application and is not used in evaluating your application.
- The Supplemental Questions are required job specific questions.
- Click "Proceed to Review".
- After reviewing your application, click "Proceed to Certify and Submit".
- If you have purposely left information blank, you may be asked to enter your initials in the box in the "Certify and Submit" section.
- Read the statement on the "Certify and Submit" section. Once you have read the statement, and have finished your application, click "Accept and Submit" to submit your application to The City of North Little Rock.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
You will receive an automated email notice when you have successfully completed your application. These notices are generated as soon as you apply and will be sent to your email. You may also check your account and click on "Application Status" to see if you have successfully completed the application by logging in https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nlr
Example of application confirmation:
Thank you for applying for employment with the City of North Little Rock. Applicants are responsible for completing and submitting all selection components listed on the job bulletin. Please note that you will not receive any additional reminders for selection components listed on the job bulletin. The selection process may include but is not limited to the following: application review and evaluation, supplemental questions evaluation, practical skills test, written exam, structured interview, and any other specified component.
Once the position is closed, it will be one to two weeks before you are notified of your status. The designated hiring authority will contact applicants chosen for an interview from the referral list. The hiring process could take up to six months, depending on the nature of the position, pre-employment screenings, and applicable background checks.
If the position is re-advertised, you are eligible to reapply. Please email any questions concerning you application to email@example.com
If you are interested in a job that we currently do not have open, please visit our Job Catergories/Job Interest Cards page. Select, the job categories that interest you, click the "Subscribe" button, and then the website will prompt you to enter contact information. If we open a job in a category you have selected, you will receive and email once that job is open.